Friday 14 November 2014

An outfit for an autumn day revisited

On Wednesday I got home to find that a parcel had arrived for me. I wasn't expecting anything so I was very excited to see what was inside this mysterious package. I was overjoyed with what I found.


The parcel was from my auntie who had read my previous post and had hada rummage around which came up with this photo of my grandma in the coat that I now have! I am so very pleased to have this. It is great to see her wearing it. It made me smile to see her feeding the ducks as she was always feeding ducks, garden birds, hedgehogs etc.



My auntie also included two scarves of my grandmas, both of which would go marvellously well with the green coat. They are both well worn and I am very pleased to have these further physical links to my grandma.

This scarf is particularly autumnal with that gorgeous array of coloured leaves and the conkers in each corner. I am pleased that it contains orange and purple as it will go well with my hat and mittens that I wore in the previous post. The colours are more vibrant in real life. It has been raining here the past couple of days and the light has not been brilliant for photos but I didn't want to wait any longer to post this. Excuse the creases. I hate ironing!



This is the second scarf which is a beautiful midnight blue with lovely golden roses scattered over it. Again it will go really well with the green coat and several other outfits in my wardrobe.

I wanted to share these to further tell the story of my grandma's coat and it has made me very happy to have these pieces of hers to take care off. Many thanks to my auntie for kindly giving them to me.

6 comments:

  1. Those scarves are both so very stunning! I am smitten with the chestnuts on the first. I do believe that might be the first time I've ever seen chestnuts on a scarf before. How very sweet of your dear aunt to a.) read your blog (I love it when relatives do so with mine and b.) send these beautiful family treasures your way.

    I hope you're having a week that's as great as these vintage scarves are, my dear friend.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have family members read my blog, I am always very pleased when they do!

      Delete
  2. That's so lovely! Thank you for sharing. The scarves are both gorgeous, I could see how you'd make them go with all kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent conker scarf! It must go beautifully with that coat, and you've got some lovely things to remember your grandma by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have two (different) conker scarves so am very chuffed. I do like having my grandma's clothes to wear.

      Delete