Tuesday 2 September 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - thirty five

Just the six this week.


Part of a water feature in Manchester which has lots of sculptures of natural forms under the water.


Starting the rib of the sleeves of the cardigan.


Admiring my friend's tea cosy; having tea and biscuits whilst watching the Great British Bake Off.


I bought some 1930's needlework magazines, full of fantastic fashions.


I also bought some 1940's knitting books, packed full of great knits.


Having a fun, entertaining evening looking after our friends' son and puppy.

8 comments:

  1. Love the Needlework Illustrated magazines! I have the one in the bottom left corner and SO want to knit that brightly coloured one :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any Needlework Illustrated before - oh no - a whole new collecting possibility opens up! Do knit that lovely stripy one, I would love to see it!

      Delete
  2. *Serious* magazine and book envy here - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still going through them. I had a lucky encounter and bought all that were on offer. It was a dreamed of moment!

      Delete
  3. Double cuteness overload! :) First the uber darling bunny cardigan (love), than that immensely beautiful, super adorable little brown pup. Awww!!! Every ounce of my dog loving soul has fallen head-over-heels for it. What a sweetie pie! How lucky that you got to pet sit him/her for a while.

    Have a fantastic weekend, my dear friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she a gorgeous puppy?! My dog raced and raced around the garden with her, jumping on each other's heads and tumbling about. It was very funny. It wore her out too, she slept on the sofa for the rest of the night!

      Delete
  4. Oh, those magazines and books - they are right up your street! I can well imagine how much enjoyment they're bringing you. And that ombre tea cosy is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pas on your tea cosy compliment to my friend! I am loving browsing through my new books and mags. I am rationing it out as I don't want it to end!

      Delete