Monday 9 June 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - twenty three

Only six this week for some reason.


Newly put up in the toilet at the boxing club. It made me giggle even though I had very little energy left after my training session!


Having a rummage through my tin of vintage buttons on the hunt for the perfect ones with which to finish my cable cardigan.


Admiring this quilt, made of separate panels embroidered by different people as a community project. The panel which is third down on the right is mine. It is going to be raffled for charity.


I have been going to Boxercise regularly since the middle of January and I love it. My husband treated me to my own gloves which arrived on Friday and I tried out today!


My latest treasures from charity shops and the local antiques centre. Several sets of vintage buttons, a silk scarf, a book covering the first two years of World War Two and an envelope full of vintage embroidery transfers. Very pleased indeed.


The completed back of my next cardigan! The colour is so much nicer than this, it is a lovely chartreuse. at least the stitch pattern shows up well here.

6 comments:

  1. I love that embroidered quilt! Looks lovely with all the different "snowflakes" :) Also, you charity shop haul is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everyone was free to embroider their snowflake in whatever manner they liked and it has been fascinating to see all the different ones.

      Delete
  2. Great photos Katie, I like the look of the embroidery transfers. The quilt is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. The envelope of transfers was a complete treasure trove, all for £1!

      Delete
  3. That quilt is really lovely. And you've given me a serious case of button envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buttons are marvellous aren't they! I can never pass them up at vintage fairs/charity shops/antiques centres etc. Need to do more knitting to make the most of them.

      Delete