Monday 30 June 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - twenty six


Discussing books and making peg dolls at book group this week. My Women's Institute group is decorating a couple of trees with peg dolls as part of the local arts festival.


Decorations for the Tour De Yorkshire are popping up all over the place!


The results of a 'can you find me a ........' game that my friend and I played with her toddler in the park. She zoomed here and there on her scooter to find these things whilst we got to chat!


Arrived home from looking after my friend's children and 12 week old puppy to the most glorious sky.


Mr Dog pondering on the possibility of another biscuit.


Enjoying the contrast between the grey sky and rain clouds and the jolly Tour De Yorkshire T-shirt bunting.


Yummy afternoon tea and knitting at my friend's house for her birthday celebrations.

6 comments:

  1. When we drove up into the dales at the weekend we were charmed by all the yellow painted bikes and bunting here and there about the place. It's going to be such a fun weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed the Tour. It was absolutely amazing round here. I have loved all the great decorations!

      Delete
  2. that last picture has me drooling

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were drooling when we walked in and saw the amazing spread. There were 3 flavours of mini Victoria sponge cakes too!

      Delete
  3. Those clothes peg dolls are really darling! They remind me of various similar crafts we made eons ago back in Girl Guides (and sometimes safety pinned to our camp hats). What a gorgeous sunset! We had red clouds here on evening, too, and I so wanted to take a picture, but by the time we'd gotten off the main road and pulled over, they had faded into the inky blue and grey palette of dusk. Oh well, hopefully next time.

    Big hugs & happy start of July wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just lucky with my timing with the sunset photo. I had just parked my car at home after babysitting for some friends, looked up and saw the amazing colours! It is so annoying when you miss something that you would really like a picture of. Putting peg dolls onto hats sounds like a sweet idea. I was a Girl Guide too, I loved it!

      Delete