Sunday 2 February 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - five


The first meeting of the year of book group. Just a select few of us this time but still a huge pile of books to talk about and to swap, I came away with several. A very jolly evening.


Lovely colours and textures on a silver birch tree. Admired on a walk through a birch woodland with my dog.


Two flower heads on one daffodil stem. The first one opened a good few days before the second, I have been watching its progress with interest. So pretty.


On a walk with my sister and my niece we saw two horses heads sticking over a wall. On closer inspection they were made of metal and formed the two ends of a bench.


My second time at boxercise! Very hard work but great fun and energising.


Enjoyable time going through my latest knitting pattern additions with my mum, discussing the garments, models and styling, choosing our favourites, planning our next knits and laughing at the horrors.


Much fun at knitting group this afternoon. Lots of tea, cake, chat, laughter and knitting. These are the fabulous works in progress of two of my friends.

10 comments:

  1. That horse bench is so funny :)
    And your knitting looks brilliant! Have a lovely week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bench did make us laugh! The knitting is my friend's work. Hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely collection of photographs. Love daffodils, they never fail to make me smile, and I love your knitting, especially the cable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't claim any credit for the knitting. The grey cables is my friend's work in progress. It is gorgeous. The pattern is from the second Susan Crawford Stitch in a Time book.

      Delete
  3. I really like all the pictures, those daffodils have me dreaming of spring
    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do love to see spring glowers popping up, I am keeping a look out.

      Delete
  4. Knitting group, book group - what lovely ways to celebrate and share the things you love to do. Boxercise though, goodness, I don't think I'd be much good at that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian. I was very nervous about going to boxercise but a couple of friends persuaded me and I am glad they did. The focus of the class is very much on just doing the most you can do rather than doing what everyone else can do which makes it less scary!

      Delete
  5. Boxercise sounds like a great workout - and way to let off steam. I think we could all use a punching let loose our frustrations, stresses and anger on sometimes.

    Those daffodils are so lovely! Daffodils are quickly becoming one of my favourite flowers as I get older.

    Big hugs & happy Tuesday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to let off steam, it is very satisfactory punching that bag! Aren't daffodils glorious! That little pot of them has given me so much joy. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete